The National Black PrEP Summit was held on September 9th 2015 was mainly focused on the new research and implementation on PrEP.
The PrEP Clinic at Andromeda staff participated in a series of presentations, panel discussions about the following different topics on PrEP:
- Biomedical & PrEP Research: An overview
- Health Equity: Health Insurance & Access
- Health Equity: The influence of intersectionality
- The Andromeda PrEP Clinic team participated in the group of "Black Heterosexual Men"
- Experiences in financing PrEP in Medicaid expansion and non-expansion states
- Best Practices in teaching, prescribing, and taking PrEP
- Best Practoces Mutisectoral solutions
- Where do we go from here? Summit and next steps
We learned from the experiences of other clinics providing PrEP in the United States, we networked with other PrEP specialists, educators and advocates and shared our experiences.